Thursday, October 15, 2009

Shepherds

Mob mentality can be identified as a forceful factor. It is seen through literature and society . An ever present demonstration of the sheer insecurity of people. People tend to take the easy way to be sheep to a big Shepherd such as Li Hongzhi or Jiang Zemin.
1992 marked the beginning of a revolution not quite planned by the communist party. Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Dafa began taking his then private cultivation practice, to the public. He gave 54lectures between 1992-19941. All the sheep began to flock, baaing and moving in dictated ways.
Now, as often happens with competing farmers, envy struck the Chinese powers. Agitated with fear as the number of Falun Gong practitioners rose from a few to over 70-million2, greatly out numbering the members of the Chinese Communist Party.
The Chinese Communist Party saw the future, knowing without some change their time was running out. Propaganda against Falun Dafa filled media and practitioners were arrested and imprisoned or forced into Labor camps. This type of invalid government is irrational for the twenty first century. How do the people of China allow their fellow citizens to be arrested for no reason? This brings to mind a poem about another time.

"They first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
- Pastor Martin Niemöller3

I’d like to think we would speak up for those forced into silence.
In the United States our officials stand on a delicate balance beam. We have the power to tip it. If citizens found officials were violating human rights as they do in china, they would be easily impeached or just not reelected. United States politicians walk to fine line of making changes verse upsetting the people.
We are the Shepherds and leaders, our sheep.
Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment