1992 marked the beginning of a revolution not quite planned by the communist party. Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Dafa began taking his then private cultivation practice, to the public. He gave 53 lectures between 1992-1994. All the sheep began to flock, baaing and moving in dictated ways.
Now, as often happens with competing farmers, envy struck the Chinese powers. Agitated with fear as the number of Falun practitioners rose from a few to over 70-million, greatly out numbering the of members of the Chinese Communist Party.
The Chinese Communist Party saw the future, knowing without some change their time was running out. Propaganda against Falun Dafa filled media and practitioners were arrested and imprisoned or forced into Labor camps. Which only adds more flavor to the mess. It is profitable for the CCP to invoke jurisdiction against the practitioners, even more when they turned the camps into labor and organ harvesting stations.
This type of invalid government is irrational for the twenty first century. How do the people of China allow there fellow citizens to be arrested for no reason? This brings to mind a poem about another time.
"They first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
- Pastor Martin Niemöller
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me —
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
- Pastor Martin Niemöller
When appeasement and fear were the easy ways to avoid your own death. In an economic light it is feasible to be selfish to care for your well being and survival more or at least enough to try to haggle down the prices that little bit. However humanity does not praise those who would rather walk alone to the mall then with another to the grave. This is why the mob mentality can be so easily involved. People want to belong, to be recognized as making a change. Falun Gong practitioners continued to belong to the flock. Blend into to the famous crowd be recognized if only by themselves as making a difference. In response the CCP shook in fear, knowing all too well of their fragile standing as power in China.
No comments:
Post a Comment